Friday 6 January 2017

WINTER WONDERLAND


After a weeks of rain and mush we got outselves a crisp white and sparkling winter! Here's an old postcard-inspired photo Asko Rantanen took and made of me in honour of that.

Well, two years ago actually. Today it's -20C, no one would go out and pose in the woods like that now, that'd be insane. Painfully insane. This was taken on a nice and snowy -1C day that was perfect for shooting, especially since we'd planned a snow queen shoot for weeks but it had kept on raining and we had decided on the date for the shoot and to just go with what the weather offered and ta-dah! In the morning everything was white and beautiful.

And now it's also breathtakingly beautiful. Quite literally, go beyond minus fifteen and it actually hurts to breath. (But to be honest I am enjoying it when it last three days or less. You got to have yourself a little winter every once in a while.)


3 comments:

CiCi said...

You are made of stronger stuff than me - I threw a complete wobbly at posting in a 3/4 sleeved top and tights in 3 degrees the other weekend. That was far too cold for me! Much respect...

Cece said...

OMG this picture is stunning! I wish I could stand in the snow like this without freezing half to death :D

Rockaholicdoll said...

Lovely photo!