Wednesday 12 November 2008

OH ARMI

Oh Armi Armi, how I want you. How hard you would be to wear in the Finnish soggy winter, and how hard you'd be to pair with some parts of my wardrobe. But it doesn't matter. I'd still love you very much, if only you were mine.



I did buy a pair of shoes for last winter, but for some strange reason I chose them one size too big - theyr're totally wearable, but they look a bit, well, big (I'm slightly obsessed with having my feet look small). And my mother's suede boots that served first her and then me for ten years each are starting to slowly fall apart. Might need to get something new. You know, so my feet don't get wet and I sick and so on.

But my sister reminded me I could fly back and forth to NY for the price of those beauties. So it might be that -for the moment at least - they'll just remain on my 'dream on' list. *sigh*

But for the price of a ticket to, well, Copenhagen for example, I could get one of these. And that's already considerable:


Minna Parikka by Mantere. Not nearly as delicious, but not bad. And perhaps slightly more easy to wear in crappy weather and snow due to a thicker sole and lower heel. Considerable, indeed.

Buy them here for example (and check out other FInnish design at the same time too :)

(images from www.minnaparika.com and www.finnishdesignshop.com )

12 comments:

fröken lila said...

the buttoned boots are amazing!

Mirka said...

Yep, I love those buttoned boots as well. Very stylish!

What we four say said...

WOW, those top ones are stunning. Maybe someone will treat you for the holidays, that would be amazing.

I got some button i up boots last year for very reasonable about 80$ on sale. They were by mizz mooz, you can try a google search.

I found some similar ones online but now they are more expensive, I got mine at the end of the season, thats why they were on sale.

you can see mine here.....
http://prettyprettypirate.blogspot.com/2008/10/halloween-costume.html

I think you actually commented on that pic, so maybe you have already seen them.


good luck getting those! I would be so jealous!

WendyB said...

That first pair is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Cute boots, I like the buttoned ones! Not quite sure about the "trompe-œil" boots though... Hmm.. Have a nice day!

M.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Pretty Pirate : I didn't pay attention to your boots then (was checking out the outfit) but they really are very pretty! I'll go google them up!

Madeleine Miranda : Yes I know what you mean, I like it with the pink in one way, but I think they'd be more easy to wear if they were all black or black and brown for example?

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of Minna Parikka before you, lady - and my gawd, do I love their designs.

Andrea Eames said...

The buttoned boots and the gorgeous heels at the top are just stunning. I think if I had them I would keep them by my bed so I would see them when I woke up in the morning :)

Kati said...

I understand why you want to have those boots!

Miss_Red said...

Those first boots are beautiful! I love the detailing and contrasting colours.

pumps & luiers said...

The first pair are amazing

Miss Rascal said...

Ohhh, the top pair tickles my constant shoe cravings but I promised my man that I will stop buying shoes.
I got over 100 pairs so if I buy another pair I have to get rid of an old pair. *sigh*
It's not fair!