Friday 27 January 2012

GLITTER, MAYHEM, AND MORE



The IBTC rehearsing for HBF'11, by me, December 2010.

The fifth Helsinki Burlesque Festival is starting (or, actuallky started last week already witht he opening of the Punainen Mylly photo exhibition) and tonight it is time for the opening of the "Glitter and Mayhem - 5 years of Helsinki Burlesque!" photo exhibition, with pictures on and off stage form the past years. There are a few of my photos too! The exhibition is at the Jukka Male Museum in the Cable Factory and the opening is between 18 and 21. I won't be there though, as I have a harbour to attend...

There is an other exhibition related to the festival, mentioned above. With photos from the "Moulin Rouge of Helsinki", revue theatre Punainen Mylly (translated the Red Mill; Moulin Rouge) from the 1940's to the 1960's. Two of the grand old dames performing there back in the days attended the opening.
The "Oih! Burleskia Helsingissä" exhibition can be seen at Hotel Aleksanteri.

Both exhibitions are open until late February.

4 comments:

danielle said...

i absolutely love burlesque i love seeing the local shows here.x
http://beautifulthings-danielle.blogspot.com/

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Glitter and mayhem - two of my favourite things! ;)

Do you miss dancing?

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Glitter and mayhem - two of my favourite things! ;)

Do you miss dancing?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop : I still dance! haven't done any solos since mid November though, but I will still go do a group routine in Milan in MARCH :D (I've choreographed the latest number for us in a way that I do a little less shaking :)