Sunday 13 January 2013

FORGOTTEN ONES



Was dusting off my make up table (guess how many times per month year I actually do  my make up by that table? Hah! Too few...) and spotted my pendants I have lying in a big sea shell.
I like to gather pretty things around me but once I place them out all nice to admire I tend to leave them as they are and forget to wear them. 

The enamel locket is from etsy, the gold bird locket has a no-longer-working-watch inside and is via ModCloth, and the camée clock was a gift from Ina. I've decided to try and get better wearing my jewelry (- I started last week already wearing a frame necklace I had forgotten about for the past years).

But jewelry is not the only thing forgotten in my little beauty corner. I have had a small ridiculous  collection of pretty lip balms too in a glass bowl just collecting dust... But the thing is, if I throw them away I will just start collecting some other things to be forgotten in that bowl. You know how it goes don't you? I refer to some things at home that look good in their placed positions but never leave that spot forced stillebens. That's what some of the cute jars and pretty tea cups on the shelf in the kitchen turn in to too...  


6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I just cleaned off my dressing table - only I use mine once a day, sometimes even twice. It was crazy how much stuff had to go into the trash...boxes, wrappers, makeup that had run out or died or dried up...

My jewelry drawer is another story, though! I hardly dig through it. I don't even wear my wedding ring and engagement band on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem. I decided to keep only what I wear and I gave some of my jewels to my friends (told them to pick whatever they like). Now I have more room to buy new stuff hihihi :)

Sara Kristiina said...

Those pendants are magical! I tend to forgot some beautiful jewelry, sometimes I find a pretty necklace from my jewelry box and think: "gosh how pretty, didn't even remember I had this:D"

In the Ruins of Berlin said...

I´m exactly the same and I even own the same marimekko glass bowl in pale blue :) xxx

Abhijeet Kumar said...

WOW! Very nice pendants i like it and very good blog and very innovative
Thank You
Abhjeet
Home Care Products - personal care products

Anna Jażdziewska said...

nice look :)
http.//www.okomody.blogspot.com
xoxo