Thursday 20 October 2016

DRESSED UP FOR OCTOBER


I went to a Octoberfest-themed party in the weekend and dressed inspired by myself in 1983.

(Even though I remembered my tiny dirndl had the colours the other way around, with a red skirt.)

I did not have that much time to put together an outfit and also wanted one just inspired by the look of a dirndl, not to create one. But if there's a next time I'll sew myself a pair of high waisted lederhosen-inspired suspender shorts (or skirt) instead!

This is a selfmade skirt and the waistcoat/corselette is one I use on stage as part of a very differently themed outfit.

This was also a great opportunity to get to use one of my petticoats! I seldom wear them nowadays.
I should go to parties more often I guess (not just perform at them).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit! Really suits you, esspecilly with the set up that it's shot in :)
Kinga x
http://www.rockthisrunway.co.uk/

Sara Kristiina said...

Mahtava asukokonaisuus!

Radostin said...

Wow, your son looks just like you as a littlun!

Unknown said...

Online fashion shopping store for womens clothing in India. Best womens fashion store available at your favourite online shopping store at crosstitch.in.