Monday 17 October 2016

THE PERSISTENT ORCHID


I have an orchid in my soon-to-be-former home, that keeps in growing and making new branches and new flowers. As soon as the flowers fall off new ones appear. And I don't know how this little fella does it, considering most orchids just come to wither and die under my tl-and-c, as I've pondered upon before.

Not sure what I've done differently this time, perhaps watered it with a more constant routine, or then it's the fact that I only sleep in the apartment a couple of night per week and it grows better that way because it's just not fond of humans.

Either way, I hope this one will survive the move out to the countryside and can keep making me happy with it's amazing prettiness!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos! Orchids are one of my favourite plants too, there's something calming about them :)
Kinga x
http://www.rockthisrunway.co.uk/

p said...

I'll miss your apartment - it seems not that long ago you were getting it set. When I started reading your blog you lived downtown, then came this apartment and now, who'd tell, you're a countryside girl!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

p : I'll miss it too! :) When younger I always said I never wanted to live in the countryside! Not sure I really want to now either, heh, although there are many good sides to it too. At some point we'll most likely get a smaller apartment closer to town, but that will need some fund-collecting for a few years first...