Sunday 25 November 2007

TO THE DEPTHS OF THE OCEAN WHERE ALL HOPES SANK SEARCHING FOR YOU


I had been waiting for this. On Friday the film Control finally arrived here and I went to see it straight away. I thought it was great but I'm not sure if I would appreciate is as much if I wouldn't be a fan of Joy Division or like new wave in general. But then again, even if their music is present all along the movie it is not so much the story of that band but more the tragic tale of a young talent that just couldn't come to one with himself or handle the life around him. And if one is not in to any of that it's still worth seeing because the movie is beautifully filmed, all in black and white, and Sam Reily as Ian Curtis is really really good (and looks very stylish all the time).

The real Ian Curtis

No comments: